Days 'til we're home!


Friday, June 24, 2011

It's rather difficult to come up with clever titles for these posts.

Hey everyone!

Kendra here. All by myself... Michelle went to Barcelona this weekend with part of the CSUF groupies. Since she is going to blog about her trip next week, we decided that I would do a random post now!

This past week, we took part in many activities. We got to go to a music club, where we actually got to play instuments. We now have the Don Manuel Experience, which is comprised of 5 members of our group. We actually played music that sounded good. The video is on Facebook. I would load it here, but my laptop doesn't post videos for some reason. On Wednesday, we had a class on Spanish movies. We watched part of the Spanish horror movie, The Orphange. Michelle desided that the creepy ghost child in the movie is haunting our bedroom when we sleep. Awesome. 






On Thursday, we had a wine tasting class. No worries friends and family! I did not participate and stayed true to my morals and religion. On Friday (which is today), Michelle left at 5 in the morning to the train station. I was happily sleeping.

Now, I think that it is important to mention the little things that happen here in Spain. Just like the little things that seem insignificant, but really make the whole experience better.  

1. Animals.
Our lives here are constantly surrounded by animals. Our host family has a bird that doesn't have a name. He constantly sings during lunch and dinner. There is also a dog that Michelle is obessed with. She is going to dedicate a whole blog post to him, so I won't go into much detail here. We also pass a pet store on our way to class. Every now and then they add new puppies and kittens to the window. Currently, there is a beautiful Siamese kitten that I keep forgetting to tell my mom about. It is only 40 euros, which is about 60 US dollars. I would take him, but I don't know how to bring him back... There are also many puppies in the window. Two of the puppies look like mini bears.. still cute though.

2.Junk Food
We are really good at finding the good junk food. We have stumbled upon these chips called "York'eso". They are ham and cheese favored. They are discustingly addictive. There is also this linonada from the local market that is like Chick-Fil-A's lemonade, but only about 52 times better. The candy is really good here too. I don't even know how to describe it.

3. Michelle playing chess.
So Michelle likes to play chess on my laptop. She doesn't really know how to play. She just moves pieces around until the computer beats her. However, it is one of the most entertaining things to watch. She sits there in the same spot, barely moving for the whole 10 minutes of the game. She also exclaims when something good or bad happens. I encourage you to watch her play chess if you ever have to chance.

Well, I think that is all I have for now. Have a good weekend everyone!

Hasta Luego
EuroSisterK

1 comment:

  1. You are such a goofball! The kitten would be a great surprise! haha I think you are using too much Spanish there because it is causing you to make spelling errors now!! It can happen when you live in the world of 2 languages!! Love mom

    ReplyDelete